Lake Baringo & Lake Bogoria
* Classic safari experience
* Mainly antelope species (no Big 5)
* Walking and boat safari excursions
* Excellent for bird watching
* Famous for its flamingos (Lake Bogoria)
* Many hippos and crocodiles (Lake Baringo)
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* All year round prime destination for birdwatching
* Very hot between February and April
Accommodation Lake Baringo & Lake Bogoria:
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including hotels, resorts, lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
Considering the long drive up to Lake Baringo & Lake Bogoria, we feel at least a TWO day safari is suitable for this region.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Lake Baringo & Lake Bogoria works well when combined with Lake Nakuru N.P. or the Masai Mara.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Lake Baringo & Lake Bogoria for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at hotels, resorts, lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Only a handful of places potentially suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Limited facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Not entirely wheelchair friendly and/or adapted hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.