Tarangire National Park
* Classic safari experience
* Elephant migration
* Giant baobab trees
* Thrilling walking safaris
* 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino)
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including safari lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
In order to appreciate its variety of wildlife as diverse as its landscape, we feel a ONE to TWO days safari is suitable for Tarangire National Park.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Tarangire National Park works well when combined with Lake Manyara or the Serengeti.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Walking Safaris, Photographic Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Tarangire for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* A limited number of safari lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly adapted rooms and safari tents
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.