Serengeti National Park
* Classic safari experience
* Spectacular wildebeest migration
* Endless plains feels like authentic Africa
* Hot air balloon safaris
* Big 5 present (rhino rare)
Best time to visit:
* Tanzania’s best year-round game viewing
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* June to August best for wildebeest migration
* February to May best for birdwatching
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including safari lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
Due the amount to be seen in the reserve, we feel a THREE to FOUR day safari is the minimum for just the Serengeti.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Serengeti National Park works well when combined with Lake Manyara or the Ngorongoro Crater.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Walking Safaris, Photographic Safaris, Balloon Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Serengeti for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* A number of safari lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly adapted rooms and safari tents
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.