Ruaha National Park
* Classic safari experience
* Game drives in ‘open’ vehicles
* Rich birdlife
* Walking and boat safari excursions
* 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino)
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* November to April for (migratory) birdwatching
* Heat and humidity can be a burden between February and April
* April and May is a no go period for this park.
Limited number of accommodation options available for all budgets, including lodges and tented camps.
Recommended number of days:
Due the amount to be seen in the reserves, we feel a TWO to THREE day safari is suitable for Ruaha.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Selous works well when combined with the Ruaha or the Serengeti.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Walking Safaris, Photographic Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Ruaha for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Very limited offer of accessible hotels and resorts are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Very limited facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Not entirely wheelchair access hotels and/or disabled friendly hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.