Ngorongoro Conservation Area
* Classic safari experience
* Volcanic crater ‘filled’ with wildlife
* Referred to as the 8th wonder of the world
* Big 5 present
* Amazing scenery
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
There are a few lodging options located on the rim of the crater. However, a large choice of accommodation is available in nearby Mto wa Mbu or Karatu.
Recommended number of days:
Due to the high wildlife density, we feel HALF A DAY will be enough for a tour on the Ngorongoro Crater floor.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area works well when combined with Tarangire or the Serengeti.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Photographic Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Ngorongoro for people with disabilities:
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* A limited number of safari lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly adapted rooms and safari tents
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.