Mahale National Park
* Classic safari experience
* Lesser known tourist safari destination
* Exceptional and unique destination
* Up-close encounters with chimpanzees
* Walking safaris
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* June to October (cool dry season) easiest for chimpanzee tracking.
* April and May is a no go period for this park.
Limited number of accommodation options available for mid-luxury budgets, including lodges and tented camps.
Recommended number of days:
Due the amount of activities to do, we feel THREE days safari is the minimum for the Mahale.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Mahale National Park works well when combined with Katavi or Ruaha.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Walking Safaris, Photographic Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Mahale for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility
(i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Very limited offer of accessible hotels and resorts are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Practically no (or very) limited facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Not entirely wheelchair access hotels and/or disabled friendly hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.