Lake Manyara National Park
* Classic safari experience
* A birdlover’s paradise
* Famous for its flamingos (during the rains)
* Tree climbing lions
* 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino)
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* All year round prime destination for birdwatching
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Accommodation Lake Manyara:
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including safari lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
Because of its strategic location within the safari infrastructure, we feel a full ONE day safari (afternoon, overnight, morning) is usually suitable just for Lake Manyara National Park.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Lake Manyara works well when combined with Ngorongoro Crater or the Serengeti.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Photographic Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Lake Manyara for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* A limited number of safari lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly adapted rooms and safari tents
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.