Katavi National Park
* Classic safari experience
* Rugged and remote wilderness ambience
* Up-close encounters with chimpanzees
* Uncommon antelope species
* 4 of the Big 5 (no rhino)
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* August to October (driest) best for wildlife viewing
* June to October (cool dry season) easiest for chimpanzee tracking
* April and May is a no go period for this park.
Limited number of accommodation options available for mid-luxury budgets, including lodges and tented camps.
Recommended number of days:
The volume of game in Katavi is outstanding and we feel a TWO to THREE day safari is suitable for this park.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Tanzania.
Katavi National Park works well when combined with Mahale or the Selous.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along tropical coast of Zanzibar.
Recommended for: Wheelchair Safaris, Tanzania Honeymoon, Family Safaris, Solo Safaris, Birdwatching, Tanzania Safari, Walking Safaris, Photographic Safaris, Disabled Holidays.
Katavi for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Very limited offer of accessible hotels and resorts are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Practically no (or very) limited facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Not entirely wheelchair access hotels and/or disabled friendly hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.