Lake Naivasha & Lake Elementaita
* Beautiful freshwater lake close to Nairobi
* Various activities (i.e. horse riding)
* Walking safaris (i.e. Crescent Island, Lake Naivasha)
* Boat safaris (Lake Naivasha)
* Excellent for bird watching
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* All year round prime destination for birdwatching
Accommodation Lake Naivasha & Lake Elementaita:
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including hotels, resorts, lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
We usually add ONE to TWO days at Lake Naivasha and Lake Elementaita as a ‘pause’ part way through a safari. If you are interested in birding photography, it might be worth to stay longer for getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Lake Naivasha and Lake Elementaita works well when combined with Laikipia Plateau or the Masai Mara.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Lake Naivasha & Lake Elementaita for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at hotels, resorts, lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Only a limited number of hotels, lodges and resorts are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly and adapted hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.