Nairobi City & National Park (Kenya)
* Close to city
* Nairobi is Kenya’s capital
* Classic safari experience
* Small park
* No elephants in this park
* Last existing national park in a city
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including hotels, lodges, guest houses and camps.
Recommended number of days:
Depending on your arrival/departure times, we usually opt spending the first/last ONE to TWO days is suitable for Nairobi.
If you wish to more explore of the city’s (tourist) activities, it might be worth to extend your stay with a some extra days.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Nairobi works well as a safari departure point for your safari to i.e. Amboseli or the Masai Mara.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Nairobi City & National Park for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at hotels, lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Quite a few hotels and lodges in and around Nairobi city are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair access hotels and disabled friendly hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.