Lake Nakuru National Park (Kenya)
* Classic Safari Experience
* Large rhino population
* Big 5 present
* Beautiful landscapes
* A birdlover’s paradise
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* All year round prime destination for birdwatching
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Accommodation Lake Nakuru:
Limited number of accommodation options available for all budgets, including resorts, lodges, tented camps and surrounding campsites.
Recommended number of days:
Because of its strategic location within the safari infrastructure, we feel a full ONE day safari (afternoon, overnight, morning) is suitable just for Lake Nakuru National Park.
If you are interested in birding photography, it might be worth to stay longer for getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Lake Nakuru works well when combined with Aberdare N.P. or the Masai Mara.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Lake Nakuru for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at hotels, resorts, lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* Only a limited number of hotels, lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly and adapted hotel rooms
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.