Laikipia District – Ol Pejeta & Lewa Wildlife Conservancy (Kenya)
* Classic safari experience
* Big 5 present
* Famous for its black rhino population
* Chimpanzee sanctuary (Ol Pejeta)
* Safeguarding endangered species
* Camel safaris
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* November to early December best for birdwatching (and during long rains)
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Accommodation Ol Pejeta & Lewa:
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets (in the surrounding ares), including safari lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
Because of the relatively small reserve sizes, we feel a (full) ONE day safari is suitable for per reserve/conservancy.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Ol Pejeta and Lewa Wildlife works well when combined with Lake Nakuru or the Masai Mara.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Ol Pejeta & Lewa for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges, tented camps and private houses for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* A small number of safari lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Limited facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly adapted rooms and safari tents
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.