Amboseli National Park
* One of the most popular parks in Kenya
* Classic safari experience
* Big 5 present
* Rich birdlife
* Large herds of (big-tusked) elephants
* Magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* November to March best for birdwatching
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Wide variety of accommodation options available for all budgets, including safari lodges, tented camps, private houses and campsites.
Recommended number of days:
Despite the relatively small size of the park, we feel a TWO day safari is suitable for just the Amboseli.
If you are interested in photography, the longer you stay the more chance of getting the ultimate photo.
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Amboseli works well when combined with Lake Nakuru or the Laikipia Plateau.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Amboseli for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels at safari lodges and tented camps for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* A number of safari lodges and tented camps are suitable for ‘disabled’ travellers
* Facilities for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Wheelchair friendly adapted rooms and safari tents
* Read more about Accessible Accommodation.