Hell’s Gate National Park (Kenya)
* Safe to explore by bicycle or on foot
* Dramatic volcanic scenery
* Mainly antelope species
* Hike the gorge
*Visit Olkaria Geothermal Spa (largest natural spa in Kenya)
Best time to visit:
* Great all year round destination
* Late June to October (cool dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* Late December to March (warm dry season) best for wildlife viewing
* November to early December best for birdwatching (and during long rains)
* Heaviest rainfall in April and May
Accommodation Hell’s Gate:
There are three basic camping sites located in the national park. While there are no other accommodation options in the park, there is a large choice of accommodation around nearby Lake Naivasha,
Recommended number of days:
Hell’s Gate is an ideal venue for a HALF or FULL DAY activity departing from Lake Naivasha or Nairobi. .
Fika Safaris travel suggestion:
We would suggest to add on a few more days to see more of Kenya.
Hell’s Gate works well when combined with Lake Naivasha or the Masai Mara.
Or finish your holiday relaxing on an exotic beach with water activities along the Kenyan coast.
Hell’s Gate for people with disabilities
Information on accessibility levels for safaris by bicycle or foot for people with limited mobility (i.e. wheelchair users, slow-walkers, mature travelers and other special need travellers):
* No facilities in place for the handicapped and physically challenged
* Most (dirt) roads are smooth, some roads sloping slightly
* Guided handcycle / handbiking tours possible
* Read more about Accessibility on the way.